Sunday, February 13, 2005

You Don't Like Pop Culture

Tonight I found out that it is common for people to have favorite commercials.

Sherien likes the Paxil commercial: "all these people are like at this conference table and their faces are like" and makes this sound like a more nasal wow or whoa and she makes cones of her hands at her ears and winces to signify a face that has been distended graphically on the commercial. I tell her that I am familiar with the drug but not with the commerical. I admit that my favorite commercial is the Levitra commercial with the hot middle aged wife who certainly seems, with her constant coquettish glances and full, glossy lips, to love the cock.

I guess I realized that there are some people who actually do, consciously, enjoy pop culture, like whatever it is you throw at them they'll respond to amusedly, and satisfied, and they think it's weird that I don't respond the same way. Sherien was getting ready to emote about some recent episode of some show that she likes to watch and was about to turn to me and ask me things about it before she said, "Oh, yeah, Deuser. You don't like pop culture." Almost in the same tone as like "You don't like girls," or, "You don't like babies," or something. I didn't really know what to say. The only things on television that can hold my attention are the commercials. The frequency of the flashes on the screen and the energy and mood of the commercials on television demand and reward one's attention much better than does the majority of the programming. Perhaps this is a sad point. Perhaps I'm watching the wrong shows.

Last night I dreamt that Richard took me aside for a moment to discuss the professionalism of my beard, implying but not explicitly saying that it has to go. Without many words or the threat of discipline he conveyed great disappointment.

I also had a dream of an armless hand forcibly breaking the resin cap molding from my eye tooth with a dentist's plaque hook while I screamed in horror and felt the grit fill my mouth.

A month ago I had a dream of a dark haired girl whose breasts and chest were tattooed blue and white like porcelain with the half shadowy faces of babies and politicians and Indian chiefs.

Most nights I dream nothing.

At least I'm not a fat slob who the lawyers look on as a subordinate--because you are--who is still a paralegal five years later because he can't get into law school. [Pause]

I could not have endured the karmic hit associated with dropping that bomb. Even if he asked for it.

I'd say upper Ohio. Like you might have chopped wood in the sticks to fight your way up here and here you are.

They sell advertising everywhere. In New York, storefronts are usually advertisements for the stores themselves. About a quarter of the buildings in midtown are scaffolded at any given time with the usual POST NO BILLS stenciled scaffolding. Right now there is a large advertisement for The Shark Tale on the construction scaffolding of a prominent corner of a building whose name has been obscured. It is a fully functional temporary billboard with full color and even a special triangular plywood addition to the scaffolds upper edge which, when painted gray and bolted flush, resembles the continuation of a shark's tail.

Good evening I'm Joe Buck and Fox would like to remind to you grab a Budweiser: it's Game Time. Yanks-Sox. The Yomiuri Giants are advertising in Chinese and English on an orange patch on the left field gap where the GAP signs were in '98. In the seventh inning a ball off the bat of Kevin Millar bounces off of it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name is Michael Smith and i would like to show you my personal experience with Paxil.

I am 40 years old. Have been on Paxil for 5 years now. Please be careful if coming off, i started to wean myself with out doctors help couldnt afford it. I went from 20 mgs to 10 mgs for a month, then 10 mgs to 5 mgs for a month. Because the 20 mgs were way to strong took 20 for 5 years and was always on edge. After about 1 month on 10 felt a little better. I stopped for 7 days completly and man did I feel like shit man I didn’t want to leave the house , shop! I just started back on 5 mgs to get it back in my system. Who know what is the right amount you have to be the test subject on yourself!

I have experienced some of these side effects-
Headaches, tremors, emotional wreck, just the blah's when I 1st started takin wasnt bad, cause I also way taken klonopin.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Michael Smith

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home